A lot of people have pets. This means they have to take care of them and buy products for them such as food, toys, beds, treats, and so on. If you are looking to sell pets online, selling cats would be a great place to start. The market is huge and that would lead to success. Especially due to the whole pandemic, more and more people are buying and adopting cats. However, when it comes to cats, there are not enough high-quality products online. This is where you can make a difference. There is a high demand for pet products online – especially for cats.
You might think that selling cats is too particular, that it becomes a too-focused niche. However, when you focus your attention on a specific market, the chances of being successful are high. This leads to lesser competition, low advertising costs, and loyal customers – a perfect formula for a successful business.
Some examples of cat products you can sell online are cat beds, cat litter, cat litter mats, grooming tools, cat food, toys, cat toothbrushes, treats, and others.
In this article, we will give you a comprehensive idea of what you need to do to sell cats online. Read on and apply them to your business:
Where to sell cats online?
You can either create your cat product store online or look into marketplaces online. They all have their fair share of advantages and disadvantages. A high deal of research is required before you choose your online platform. Once you choose your platform, you should focus on having an ideal fulfillment and shipping strategy in place.
How to market such a business?
- Cross-selling: Cross-selling is a great way to promote your products. It simply means the recommended product sections that you often see on websites. You can use terms like ‘frequently bought together’ or ‘people also liked’ to encourage your buyers to get more products.
- Partnering with influencers: Influencers are on the rise and the audiences tend to follow their trends and choices. All you have to do is engage with cat influencers online and run promotions with them. This will lead to brand recall and awareness, and ultimately, conversions. If you don’t have the budget to collaborate with huge influencers, you can always pick mini influencers with a dedicated following as more and more companies are realizing the potential of small influencers.
- Blogging: Blogging is a great way to connect with your audiences. You can write on important topics such as ‘how to take care of kittens’, ‘what to do if your cat is meowing all the time’, and so on. You can write informative blogs that provide value to your customers. In such blogs, you can always plug-in your products.
- Email marketing: Email marketing goes a long way. You can encourage your website visitors to sign up for your mailing list. You will have to offer them discount codes, coupons, and so on. This will work well for existing customers as well as new customers.
Bonus: Here are some email marketing strategies to get you started.
- Online ads and referral programs: Online ads are a great way to attract audiences from across the world. The only thing you need to do is use appropriate keywords. You can also encourage your customers to share your brand with their friends by offering them loyalty points or referral programs. Every customer likes discounts and offers and you should not be hesitant to provide them with coupon codes and referral discounts.
- Website design: This is also extremely important. Your website should have the right theme. You can add images, videos, and other forms of media on your website so that your audiences can engage with the same. The kind of colors you use, how easy navigation is, and the user-friendliness of your website become key factors.
Bonus: Here is a helpful blog on website design.
Some other tips to help you:
- You can advertise your online website through social media. You can always start an Instagram page and a Facebook page and use appropriate hashtags to reach a wider audience. The #Cats on Instagram has 114 million posts!
- Another great way is to always study your competition. Understand the kind of products they sell, their marketing strategies, their ad campaigns, their target audiences, and so on. This will help you build an effective marketing strategy.
- Engagement is very important for any social media to account or a website. You can ensure the same by putting up pictures, asking your audiences to share pictures of their cats, and so on.
- Make your shipping and payment processes hassle-free. No one likes to spend a lot of time on one website. If your website speed is slow, or it is not optimized for all kinds of user devices, your bounce rate will be high. You need to make sure that every step, right from browsing on your website, to payment and delivery – is perfect. And if you make a mistake, don’t shy away from correcting it. You can offer your customer a discount for their next purchase and they will come back to you time and again.
- There are different ways to create websites online. We recommend that you create a website on WordPress. It has a plethora of themes and plugins that will help you create a website your audience will be attracted to. WordPress is an easy content management software out there and is easy to use when compared with others.
You are all set!:
eCommerce niches provide you with a lot of opportunities and have a lot of potentials. What are you waiting for – go ahead and make your online store for cats! All we suggest is that you continuously evaluate your strategies and make relevant changes as needed. This is a doable business. You got this! We hope this article has been helpful. Explore more opportunities and let your creative mind do the rest! Thank you for reading and all the best with your online store!